Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: A Beautiful Kind of Love by Ellie Wade

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25115747-a-beautiful-kind-of-love

Every choice has a consequence.


I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and his name is Jax Porter.

I have known Jax my whole life and I have loved him with every breath I’ve ever taken. The fact that we were born a mere month apart to mothers that are best friends has made us inseparable since birth.

What we have is so rare, one would think our story would be written, our fate sealed. But, unfortunately that’s not how life works. Life offers us many choices that can turn destiny into chance.

I now find myself heading toward a destination that I could have never imagined and I have to figure out where to go from here. 

Will the choices that have been made change our path forever or will fate find its way?
I am such a sucker for a good friends to lovers book. There is just something about being a part of two people's journey and seeing it all building towards that inevitable shift long before they do. A Beautiful Kind of Love definitely gave me that and so much more. 


Lily and Jax were easy characters to love. To see their childhood friendship grow into something more was so sweet. But their shift happened at a pivotal time in their lives, the end of high school. And as much as Lily loves Jax, she feels college is HER time, so she chooses not to follow him.

"Someday, I know that I’ll be Mrs. Porter, and Jax and I will be living the American dream. I will forever be linked to him, just as I always have been, and that is great. I couldn’t ask for anything more. For now though, while I can, I need to experience life on my own. Even if only for a short time, I have to know what it is like to be just me."- Lily

I was rooting for them from the moment I realized they would have to endure a long distance relationship. I was hoping they could stand this test and make it through. But time and distance takes its toll on them. Can their love for one another survive it all? And if not, will a lifelong friendship be lost? 

Well, you will have to read this book to see what happens with these two! And just an FYI, it does end on a "to be continued" note BUT the next book releases in just a few short weeks!


B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-beautiful-kind-of-love-ellie-wade/1121725278?ean=2940152200744



No comments:

Post a Comment