Sunday, October 26, 2014

Review: the Story of Us (Carnage, Book #1) by Lesley Jones

 
I love him, from the instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.

"Georgia Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ... He waits for me to sing my bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it...
"I said I love you like the stars above, I'll love you till I die"

Carnage is an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read the final word.
An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read.


NOTE: This is part #1 of a 2 part story but can be read as a stand alone.
 
I have had this book sitting on my kindle for a while now. I kept putting it off and for the life of me, I couldn't remember why that was when I started looking for a book to read yesterday. Well, now 24 hours later I remember EXACTLY why! This book GUTTED me! I am talking ripped my heart out and shredded it to tiny little pieces that can never be put back together again. And I hated that I loved every minute of it. 

George has loved Sean since she was 11 years old. There has never been anyone else. Their relationship started when she was SO young but you could feel their love bleeding through the pages. There was never any doubt that they were that couple, the one that's lucky enough to have found their soulmate. But while their love for one another may be pure, the world around them is not. And as Sean's rise to fame continues, so do the threats to their relationship. 

“There’s only him. It will always be him. There’s no room for anyone else. Wherever we go with this, you need to understand that, my heart is sealed and there’s only him that’s locked inside.”

As your reading, you get this feeling deep in your stomach that something bad is going to happen. And then when it does, you think "oh, that wasn't TOO bad!". And you suddenly feel elated because you know this is just a bump in the road, one that should be easy to overcome considering their love for one another. But the author isn't done with you yet. Not by a loooooong shot. No, as I said before, she wants to properly rip you heart out and shred it to little tiny prices before she hands it back. And you are left wondering if you will ever be the same.

By the end, I was emotionally exhausted. I had experienced every high and every low right along with George and Sean. Their story is not an easy one to read at times, but it is one that is beautifully written. And the thing that sticks with me is that life isn't always pretty and that we just need to make the most of each and every day we are given. 

I am now off to torture myself some more by reading Carnage #2. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment