Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review: Saturdays at the Viper Rooms by Kirtsy-Anne Still


Saturday's At The Viper Rooms by Kirsty-Anne Still


“You and I know I can’t say no.” I swallow my fear and allow my eyes to fall down to his chest, I can’t bear to look at him. “And I can’t lose you.”

Joely Gilbert, one of two head Viper Girls for the club, strives to maintain a double life both full of deceit, betrayal, sex, lust, and fear. She knows the rules of the club and the way the boss works like no other, but she is the one breaking everything she knows in order to keep the new life she has. After running from her past, she’ll do anything to stay away from it. It’s what makes her perfect for the job. It’s what makes her normal.

Everyone has a story when they arrive at the doors of The Viper Rooms.

It’s this that binds clients and Viper Girls together. Each want to forget, each want something to remember, to feel, to lust over. The Viper Rooms gives the exclusive a time in their life to get the things they need from a club devoted solely to them. No strings attached, no questions asked. But what lies beneath the surface can’t always be stopped. It can’t be silenced forever.

And Joely’s one of the girls who knows that more than anyone else.

What happens when her facade starts to break? What would Joely rather give up; the man who wants to save her, but could die trying, or the life that could ultimately kill her? 
 
Is pleasure worth the pain?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19313632-saturdays-at-the-viper-rooms?ac=1


3 HEARTS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance with Suspense

‘I know the rules here. If he buys you a drink, you drink it. If he asks if you’re ready, it’s time for you to take control and lead him to his ultimate pleasure. It’s all easy to remember and master to perfection. Do this right and you are well on your way to winning the Boss’ praise. I wait for him to stand before I lead the way.’


Saturdays at The Viper Room is the story of Joely Gilbert, one of two head Viper Girl’s, told solely from Joely's point of view. The Viper Room is a high end-high stakes club; one of many owned by head Viper Clara Delvine aka The Boss. High end because you have to make big bucks in order to be on the client list. High stakes because the business can be…risky.

Each girl is kept so that all their needs are met; they get food, the best clothing, and shelter. Every girl must contractually agree to give up their lives for six years in service to The Viper Room. The Boss only has six rules that each girl MUST live by or else.
See the pattern yet? If not re-read the last two sentences..look closer.
 Now here is a hint for those still lost

‘The moment you sign your contract, the devil owns you.’

 
Once they sign their life is no longer their own. They belong to HER.

Sadly Joely has broken rule number one. She’s in love with a client. Jace Mason.



‘He gave me purpose, reason, he gave me love. He gave me a life back after I sold it all away. He’s the reason I need a way out.’


Joely became a viper girl after fleeing her family. Haunted by an accident in her past that has left her broken and fearful of returning home. Meeting Jace was fate each becoming the others saving grace. Still Joely is plagued by her job and all it entails. She wants to be with Jace just without having to hide and keep it a secret.

‘I’m bound to The Viper Rooms for six years. I still have half of my sentence to serve. Running a hand over my face, I feel the dread that resides in me every moment of the day resurface.’


For now what she wants is impossible. And she damn well knows it.

‘I have to take the small battles in this life. I’ve taken enough of them already to know I can survive this. I will go to work and I will do whatever I can to throw Clara off the scent. I will make her see that there is nothing between Jace and me except for business. He is my client, I have no sentimental value for them apart from what happens behind closed doors.
“I’ll see you soon , Mr. Mason,” I offer my farewell.’


Can love hold these two together through hell and back.

Will Jace find a way out for Joely before it’s too late.

“Joely, you and I are destined. I knew that the moment I first saw you. Why would I walk away?” “Because I am a prostitute,” I whisper…

My Sweet and Sour

My Sweet- The Piano. I love how the author incorporated t he piano in to some scenes, it significance and the way Joely plays with her whole heart.

My Sour- Delvine. Grrr. That BEEYOTCH.

There is a certain lit to the writing that kept me reading. There are ups and downs to the story I skimmed a bit hence my 3 star rating. It’s not that the story is not good in fact I quite liked it. The book is lightly layered, we get mentions of a past and bits and pieces of the story begin to come to light. I think I will continue with the series because from what I gleam in this book and with how it ended I am sure much more is to come for these two.

The writing : The prose is smooth and endearing so much so I may have rolled my eyes a few times.

The Characters :
Joely- Sweet girl. Very caring but knows how to play her cards right. She is not very trusting in her life style you can never be too trusting. She has a past, she’s made mistakes and she wants out of being a Viper Girl.

Jace- Is handsome, rich and very much in love with Joely. His main goal is to get her out so that she can spend the rest of her days with him. I love Jace.

Delvine-  Evil. Pure evil. I hate her and I hope she catches a bullet to the head…Or heart, yes that would be lovely.

Luca-  Lost. With no idea what she is getting herself in to by becoming a Viper Girl. I want to see her and Eli together.

Brianna-  Just biding her time and playing the role of head Viper Girl until her time is up. She has secrets. She has a past..They all do. 

Now if you know me, then you know I like my books with plenty steam. One sex scene will do as long as it’s down and dirty. Well Saturdays at The Viper Room has steam however it’s on the mild side not explicit yet still sexy. Tastefully sexy.

My Ratings
Characters- Love some hate others
Writing Style- Smooth
Plot/Storyline- A prostitute falls for a client but must keep it a secret. She is then confronted by some things in her past.
Steam Factor- Medium/Moderately Steamy O n a scale of 1-10 I say 5
Entertainment Level-  Lo-Med-Hi I say Medium
Overall- I liked it!! Check it out!

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment