Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower

 
Title: Monster in His Eyes (Book 1)
Release Date: April 28, 2014
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Page Count: 350

Torture in Her Soul (Book 2 in the duology) is tentatively scheduled for release fall 2014.
 
 
Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.
 
I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.
 
It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.
 
It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.
 
I want to hate him.
 
Sometimes, I do.
 
But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: This book is intended for a mature audience only, due to some dark and erotic content.


*ARC provided by author for an honest review*

Karissa is a naive 18 year old college student, who has just met the big bad wolf. Only she doesn't know it yet.

Naz is a 36 year old mystery that wants Karissa for his own.

The first thing you will notice is the huge age difference between Karissa and Naz. And the author does not try to pretty it up for us by making Karissa seem older than she is, but instead uses that gap in age to weave a very intriguing story by playing upon Karissa's naivety.

Going into this book, I had really no clue what to expect. The more I read, the more I began to piece together where things were going. And while I was right about who Naz was, or should I say what, it still did not prepare me for the big reveal towards the end! Wow!!

The storyline is slow building. The author takes her time unraveling the plot to us. And though it definitely kept me turning the pages, there were a few times I did feel things were dragging a bit. Not enough to make me want to abandon the book or skim pages. And I also became aggravated at Karissa a LOT. But then I had to remind myself that she is only 18 and well, just acting her age.

This is book one of a two part series, so things are left unresolved at the end. Not really a cliffy but more of a what happens now kinda ending. And I can't wait to fins out when book two is released!
 
 
Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:


 
 

 
JM Darhower is the author of countless stories and poems, most of which only she has ever read. She lives in a tiny town in rural North Carolina, where she churns out more words than will ever see the light of day. She has a deep passion for politics and speaking out against human trafficking, and when she isn't writing (or fangirling about books) she's usually ranting about those things.
 
Chronic crimper with a vulgar mouth, she admits to having a Twitter addiction. You can usually always find her there.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment