Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review: Bang by E.K. Blair

Bang (Black Lotus Series, Book #1)
By: E.K. Blair
Add to Goodreads:
 
 
They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I’m not innocent.
I haven’t been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**
 
 
*ARC provided by author for an honest review*
 photo TomMindBlown_zps6f80ec8a.gif

My first reaction when I finished this book was...

"NO NO NO NO! It can't end like that!!! I have to know, no I NEED to know what is going to happen now!!"

Yep, you guessed it. There is a cliffy. But in defense of Ms. Blair, she is very upfront about the fact that this is book one of a series. So, I can't even be mad because I knew before reading it that I would left hanging. I just didn't realize how badly!!

This book is pure genius. I have never read anything even remotely like it. The twists and turns that Bang takes you on will leave you dizzy and disoriented! It will have you guessing until the very end as to where the author is going to take things. And even then, you still will be wondering what the heck just happened! I was seriously on the edge of my seat all the way through. And every single time I thought I had things figured out, another bomb would explode.

I don't know if I was supposed to like Nina or not, but I didn't. I tried REALLY hard to sympathize with her given all she had been through, but even by the end she didn't redeem herself in my eyes. I am hoping that changes in the next book because she is a character I really do want to like.

I am going to end things here. I know it truly isn't helpful but this is a tough book to review! The slightest thing could spoil the whole book for you and I definitely don't want to do that. This is one that you just have to read to experience and believe when I say, it is one you want to pick up ASAP!


 
 
Amazon: 
 
Barnes and Noble: 
 
iBooks: 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment