Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes





Me Before You
By: Jojo Moyes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add on  GOODREADS






LIVE BOLDLY. PUSH YOURSELF. DON'T SETTLE.




------------ORIGINAL REVIEW--------------



This book, holly hell this book! I finished this yesterday and thought it was great but I can not express what I felt this morning when I woke up thinking about them.

Me Before You is real, just like life is real. This is not a sappy book with silly characters that fall in love and that’s it. This is a book about friendship, love, patience, ambitions and many many many more things. Yes, you’re gonna cry if you’re human but you’re gonna LAUGH, a lot! Because Will & Lou are smart asses that will make you love them from the beginning.

You know what? I had the pleasure of reading this gem on paperback and I marked the whole damn book and I was planning to quote some of the best sentences but I am NOT gonna do that. You wanna know why? Because you need to experience this book, you need to read it blind

This book will teach you to LIVE BOLDLY



Will used to live boldly, he was an attractive guy on his early thirties with a great job, a hot girlfriend and an amazing life in London until one day everything changes.

Two years later he crosses paths with Lou who apparently has nothing in common with him. But they have to spend time together whether they like it or not. And they don’t like it, they actually hate each other at the beginning of their story. But sometimes, life puts you on a place for a reason and you open your mind and start seeing things that you didn’t even see before.

This book will teach you to PUSH YOURSELF



Lou was a normal girl in a normal city with a normal life, a normal boyfriend and a normal job. Until one day things changes for her, she loses her job and she has to PUSH HERSELF to things she never thought about. But she discovers that pushing your limits, walking outside your comfort zone is not that bad.

And this book will teach you to DON’T SETTLE



No matter how hard your life is, you can’t settle, you need to look forward, you need to live, LIVE WELL. JUST LIVE

This book is the reason why I read! And this is how you write Romance. I am VERY TIRED of hotties falling in love after watching each other and feeling an instant electricity. No! That’s not real.

Will & Lou hated each other at the beginning, Lou was forced to be with him and he didn’t have any choice at all BUT they got to know each other and they fell in love and OMG it was so freaking beautiful because that’s love, REAL LOVE. Lou would have done EVERYTHING for him and he proved his love for her too.

This book just taught me that there are people who are worth it out there. People like Lou who would leave everything behind to help someone like Will. People like Will who would push Lou to LIVE even though that would mean she wouldn't be around that much.

There is NOTHING about this book I can complain about. ANYTHING, NADA! I understood every single character, their POVs, even Will's dad. I would have love to read Will’s POV in at least one chapter but loved the book anyway.

My favourite part was Alicia’s wedding . That moment when they were looking at each other, than hunger for something they could give to each other, that passion, that LOVE and respect…

I know this might not be a coherent review but I am still a mess!

READ. THIS. BOOK.

2 comments:

  1. You've somehow managed to capture my own thoughts about this book and turn them into an absolutely amazing review. It's something I wasn't able to do. I'm in tears as I write this because I'm reliving this book all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Chanpreet, many thanks for your comment! This book was very special and will have a place in our hearts FOREVER.

    P.S. Will wants you to smile, 'Clark' ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete