Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Slammed (Slammed #3) by Colleen Hoover




There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. 

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.



My sweet is this book.
My suck is saying good bye to Will and Lake!

This book is so butterflying beautiful. I feel horrible having to give it a rating of only 5 stars. It is worth so much more and definitely one of my all time favorites! I would even say I loved it more then Slammed. But that is our little secret, so let's just keep that between us! 


 photo butterfly_zps816cc444.jpg


There is one word that can easily sum up how I feel about This Girl...




 photo LOVE_zpsf0da7b54.gif
 photo love_zps852ab87d.gif
 photo image_zps51054e40.jpg  photo LOVE-2_zps278ecf3b.gif




Okay, now that I think I have somewhat expressed how I feel about this book, I will move on!

First, this book can not be read as a stand alone. You truly need to read SLAMMED and POINT OF RETREAT in order to follow along with this one. In case you missed it, THIS GIRL is basically SLAMMED only from Will's POV. Now, I know some people have an issue with reading a book they feel they have already read, even if they are getting it from someone else's perspective. But believe me when I tell you, that with this one you get SO MUCH MORE!! 

I think the thing that makes THIS GIRL stand out in the crowd is the present and past alternating chapters. We get to know Lake's reactions to past events as Will retells them from his pov. That is something that has never been done (at least not in any book I have ever read) and it brings that something extra to the book. 

And OMG the love you can feel radiating off the pages between Will and Lake is magical. There was never a doubt that these two are truly meant for one another, but this book just reaffirms that knowledge . They have suffered so much loss in their lives, so to see them finally in a beautiful place made my heart happy. The fact they are no longer retreating didn't hurt things either!*wink wink*



 photo kissing_fwfi683l_zps57fc143f.gif



I could seriously go on and on and on about this book. It was beautifully written and the PERFECT ending for this series. The epilogue alone will take your breath away and leave you in tears of the happy sort. So, don't hesitate to grab up this book ASAP and relive all those moments you loved in SLAMMED plus some new ones. Believe me, you will not regret it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment