Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blogger Q & A: You Asked and We Answered!



We asked for your questions and you delivered with some awesome ones. A few of these really made us have to think for a while! But those are the kind of questions that we LOVE! Here are all of our responses. Thank you so much to those who responded.
1) Favorite Book of 2013 and why? Becky: A Different Blue by Amy Harmon. For me, it really stood out in a crowded NA marketplace. The story is so different and the characters are ones that you quickly become attached to. You become so invested in the story. Those are the kind of books I love.
 Alexis: My favorite book of 2013... GAH I have two but I'll choose between them. Surprisingly my choice is The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. I say surprisingly because when I first started it I did not like the heroine Tatiana but she slowly proved everything I thought about her wrong she is one of the best heroines I've ever had the pleasure of reading. The book is not for everyone I knew that off the bat. It's gritty, with a lot of history intertwined in the story. Also the characters and plot are meaty, a little tough to chew on and very filling wants you had some. Hmm.. I think I'll put that line in my review!LOL!!!!
Michele: I can’t just pick one…sorry.Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan—This is not paved in yellow gold, butterflies or roses, but is told in a raw all-consuming way that drags you into this crazy-ass biker world and has you dreading turning that last page.Safe Word by Teresa Mummert—This book blew me away with its twists and turns.  I loved that it was a totally unconventional love that sucked me in and made me beg for more.Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley—Huge KA fan and this book ranks up there with my favorites of hers. Loved the vulnerability and strength of Lanie.  Loved HOP, caring sexy loving and total biker badass!!!!!
2) Favorite hero/heroine? Becky:  Remy Tate from REAL by Katy Evans! He grabbed my heart and won't let to! Alexis: Hands down Cat (Catherine Crawfield) from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost! Cat set a standard she is FUN, FEARLESS and best of all she is FEMALE!

Michele:  Tara and Logan from Belong to Me by Shayla Black

3) What one book would you classify as THE BOOK that you cannot put down from start to finish?  Becky: Recently for me, that book would probably Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan. I devoured it in one day! Also, In the Stillness by Andrea Randall and Safe ord by Teresa Mummert.
 Alexis: UN-PUT-DOWNABLE without a doubt The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred! I did not stop reading until there was no more pages left to turn
Michele:   Hopeless by Colleen Hoover---Utter brilliance

4) Favorite book of all time?Becky:  I have lots of favorites (just look at my Goodreads shelf!!) but Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens is on the top of that list. This book will always remain my all time favorite not only because I LOVE Kellan but also because this is the book to introduced me to the world of indie authors!!! Alexis:  One???? Just one? No, I can't pick just one, sorry. I have 5 is that cool?!- Captive In The Dark by C.J. Roberts- Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley- The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay- Truth by Aleatha RomigEach book ROCKED MY WORLD! And each book changed my expectations for what I want out of the future books that I read!Michele:  Don't kick my ass--there is a strong meaning to me for it!  Twilight Series—It’s what began my love of reading and I can’t thank it enough.


5) If you could meet any one author, who would it be? Becky: Lucky for me, I don't have to pick because any author I could possibly ever want to meet is got f to be at Book Bash!!!! Alexis: C.J. Roberts
Michele:  God there are so many of them.  Just picking one is next to impossible!    I’m gonna meet most of them at Book Bash!

6) what one book do you relate to most? Becky: This is a tough one, but I guess I would have to say Arouse/Allure by Nina Lane. I think they are more relatable for me because they are about a married couple struggling to find their happy medium.
 Alexis: Arouse by Nina Lane. Her characters were authentic and I related to Liv on every level. EVERY. LEVEL.Michele:  Easy by Tammera Webber (I really related to Jacqueline)


7) What is one book or series that you could read over and over again? Becky: I am going with Thoughtless again. I have read it at least a dozen times. It is my to to book when I am in a reading slump and need help snapping out of it. Alexis: It's a tie between The Keatyn Chronicles by Jillian Dodd and The Alfonzo Volumes by S.W. FrankMichele:  Feral Sins by Suzanne Wright


8) What is the one book that is your must read for everyone?Becky: The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Alfred. I believe no matter your typical genre, this book has a little of everything for you.   Alexis: Hmmmm... I would have to say On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves the book is just that GOOD!
Michele:   Only One!!!!!!!!  Crap.  I am going to go with any book on here that I have already listed!

9) Is there a particular type of romance that you gravitate towards, or do you read romance of all kinds?Becky: I honestly will read any type of romance although lately New Adult seems to be the bulk of my reads.   Alexis: I love romance so as long as two people are falling in love I will read it! Chick lit,YA, NA, Dystopian, Fantasy, Paranormal, Supense, Thriller, Urban fiction ect.Michele:  I currently gravitate towards erotica.  I love it…can’t get enough of it.  I would say most of the books I read fall into that genre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment