Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire


5+ Hearts

Goodreads Summary
Walking Disaster is Travis' POV.

How much is too much to love?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. Just when he thought he was invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Jamie McGuire's New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.


**ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review**

First and foremost, I need to start this review by saying, YOU MUST READ BEAUTIFUL DISASTER FIRST! Walking Disaster is NOT a stand alone. It is giving you things from Travis' POV during certain events that happened in the first book. If you have not read Beautiful Disaster, you WILL be lost quite a bit.

And I know if you read Beautiful Disaster and LOVE it as much as I did, then I don't have to write much to convince you to read this one. You were pretty much already sold as soon as you saw it was from Travis' POV. So, I will keep this short and sweet!

Now that I have that out of the way, can I just say I LOVE Travis Maddox?!?!? I f'n LOVE him so freakin' much. And this book just reaffirmed that love. 

Getting to experience Beautiful Disaster all over again through Travis' POV just took the book to a whole new level for me. And it gives you a better understanding of so many things. I must say, I have quickly become a fan of books that include the male POV. Not only does it answer questions of what he is thinking in the moment, but it also adds a whole new depth to any book. 

Have I mentioned how much I love Travis? I loved knowing what he was thinking that morning when he woke up and Abby was gone. It made his reaction seem....maybe not so drastic. Oh, and when he first bought the ring! Knowing he was so sure when he was, was just, wow!  And my heart seriously broke a million times for him during their break up. Experiencing it with Abby was hard enough, but to go through it with Travis was the kind of heartbreak they write all those gut wrenching love songs about. 

See? This is why I LOVE getting the male perspective!! Without it, we are left to assume about his actions and reactions to events in books. We are left wondering the why of it all. Well, with Walking Disaster, it takes all that guessing, assuming and wondering away and replaces it will the answers. 

And I have to say, even though this book can not stand alone, I loved it so much more than Beautiful Disaster. And that is saying a lot because I truly loved that one!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment