Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: True Love Story by Willow Aster


5 Hearts


Goodreads Summary
Sparrow Fisher is transforming. No longer dressed up in antiquated clothes and ideals, she is finally trying on her freedom.

Before she moves to New York City, she meets Ian Sterling, a musician Sparrow has dreamed about since she first saw him. The attraction is instant, but their relationship isn't so simple.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in unusual places. Each time, Sparrow has to decide if she can trust him, if he feels the same for her, and finally, if love is really enough.


My Thoughts
I read lots and lots of books. I read them, review them and move on to the next. There has only been a handful that have stayed with me. And this is one that has left its mark. I sit here dazed by the overwhelming emotions this book caused. I am in awe of the author's ability to pull the reader in and lock them so intensely into the characters. I felt like my heart was breaking right along with Ian and Sparrow's, and even knowing how their story ends, I still feel that ache. 

"Love is enough. Love does conquer all. Love really does always protect, trust, hope, persevere." 

I never thought the words beautifully and flawed went together. But after reading True Love Story, I know that they do. Because that is exactly what Sparrow and Ian's story is, a beautifully flawed love story.

They had so many beautiful moments together. The kind every girl dreams about. The ones where the girl gets the guy. And not only does she get him, but causes him to make changes no one else ever thought he was capable of, him included. 

"You're going to break my heart, Sparrow Fisher." 

But every relationship is flawed in some way. It is those weaknesses that test the strength of that foundation. And sometimes the cracks are just too big to piece it back together again. 

"If only you could know my whole heart. How much love is there for you. Love that you haven’t seen yet. Love that no one has ever seen. A lifetime of love withheld. Concealed." 

This book made me truly understand what it means to be taken on a roller coaster of emotions. The highs Ian and Sparrow had were breathtaking. And the lows were heart breaking. It was like living all those feelings right along with the characters. 

And as much as I hated feeling the turmoil that Ian and Sparrow were going through, I appreciated it at the same time. Because real life is not always pretty. And though it is nice to read sweet romantic novels where everything goes according to plan, it was truly refreshing to read one where it does not work out exactly the way the characters or readers thought it would. 

Ms. Aster, THANK YOU for a beautifully flawed love story and CONGRATS on one hell of a debut!



No comments:

Post a Comment