Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review: Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder


5 Hearts

Goodreads Summary
I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.




My Thoughts
I am sitting here staring at this blank screen, trying to think of what to say. How can I possibly begin to write a review for a book that has left me feeling so...so...hell I don't even know what emotion I am feeling anymore. I have gone from happy, to heartbroken, to numb, to okay, to sad and then by the end I think I was at peace. That is a lot to process from just one book. But if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. 

When the story begins, you are taken back to what it felt like to be in love for the first time. How innocent that love can be. How naive we all once were to believe that no one and nothing could ever touch the feelings we had at that very moment. It reminds us of how all consuming first love can be. It is something every single person who has ever had a first love can relate to. 

But then comes the twist. The part where most people can no longer connect. Because normally when a first love comes to an end, It is not with one of them dead and the other so broken, you don't see how she will ever recover. My heart shattered into a million pieces for Nell and Kyle. For him, to have his life cut so short and in such a tragic way was devastating. And for her, to lose not only her first love, but also her best friend, I cried as though her hurt was my own.

The book fast forwards two years after the tragedy that shaped Nell into the shell she is now. She does whatever it takes to not break down. To not allow herself to grieve and feel the pain of losing Kyle. It is a tough read from the point on. To know that even now, years later, she is not coping is heartbreaking. 

But there is this funny thing called fate. It has a way of placing people in your life, right at the moment you need them most. And that is exactly what happens to Nell. Who it is though, is the last person Nell ever expected. It is not someone she could believe would be the one to make her face all those feelings she has denied herself to feel for the past two years.

It is Colten, Kyle's older brother.

They are both broken souls who find solace in one another. And if they both allow it, they just may be able to heal each other in a way no one else can. The journey they take to try and get there is not pretty. There is still a lot of doubt and fear from both sides. Can they work past these issues and make a go of the most unlikely of relationships?

Well, believe when I say, you are going to WANT to read this book to find out what happens with Colten and Nell. This book is worth so many more then just 5 stars. I know not only will the story, but the characters as well, stay with me for a long time to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment