Friday, December 7, 2012

Lexi, Baby (This Can’t Be happening #1) by Lynda LeeAnne



 


 

  Goodreads Summary
Alexis Sky Martine thinks of herself as the average girl-next-door that does what she has to do to get by, have fun and enjoy life.
She is madly in love with her sexy, drop-your-panties-at-first-sight, hottie boyfriend who is equally in love with her; more like downright obsessed. He treats her like she is his heart; like he needs her to exist; like he would do anything in his power to make her happy.
Lexi knows Landyn James loves her just as much as she loves him, if not more. Deep down, she also knows high school sweethearts aren’t expected to last, but their relationship is different. They are soul mates. Their connection is unbreakable.

What could possibly go wrong when you have love like that...?
Everything.
What will the future hold...?
Only time will tell.

Author's Note: Contains Adult Content – Namely, a teenager turned woman with a very dirty mouth and fiery temper that may or may not know how to throw a punch. Also includes hot and steamy scenes, and a small glimpse into physical/verbal abuse.
My Thoughts

“Oh, don’t even pull the macho man, possessive guy crap with me now Lan. You know I’m stupidly, madly in love with you even though you make me want to pull out my hair most of the time."
 
I have been in a reading rut this past week and can not seem to finish anything that I start. This book sure cured me of that problem! I could not stop reading it and got mad when I couldn't keep my eyes open last night to finish it. And then today the real world kept invading on my reading time (I deeply apologize to all those whose heads I bit off!!). But holy smokes batman, I just HAD to know what was going to happen next!
 
Lexie has just graduated high school and is enjoying her last summer before starting college. The way she sees it life could not get any better. She has her best friend Trish, who she will be heading to school with in a few weeks. And she has the hottest boyfriend Lan, who loves her to distraction. Even though he will attending another college she believes they will make it. They love each other too much not to make it work right?
 
But a drunken decision made at a party one night changes everything.
 
From that moment on this book will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions. Just when you think everything is looking up for Lexie it all comes crashing back down. At times I felt she was too naive. Other times I believed she was being selfish, I seriously had a love/hate thing going on with her throughout most of the book. And Landyn, Landyn, Landyn! At first, I was very torn with how I felt about him. But by the end of the book I was totally in love with him. He is your typical alpha male. You know the Me Tarzan You Jane type. But damn if it wasn't HAWT!
 
There truly is a little of everything in this book and you will not be disappointed! I can not wait to read the next book in the series..
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment