Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mile High by R.k. Lilley

Rated: 4.5 Hearts

If you love Fifty Shades, you will love In Flight & Mile High!
This is a trilogy of books and are not meant to stand alone!
 
 
 Goodreads Summary:
James and Bianca’s tumultuous story continues in the sequel to In Flight.

James has initiated Bianca into a dark and drugging world of passion and pain. He taught her about her own submissive, masochistic nature, and she fell swiftly and deeply in love with the undeniably charming and impossibly beautiful Mr. Cavendish, but a painful misunderstanding and the return of the brutally violent demon of her past have combined to overwhelm Bianca, and, confused and hurt, she pushes him away.

It’s been over a month since the shocking attack that hospitalized her, and since she told a distraught James that she needed space, but her feelings haven’t gone away. Even she knew that it was only a matter of time before he would cast his spell on her again…

 
Read My Review of IN FLIGHT
 
 
My Thoughts:  HOLY HOTNESS!!!!!!
        I admit that I was not totally in love with James at the end of the first book--like yes---love no.  I didn't connect with him as deeply as I would have liked.  BUT IN BOOK TWO--I GOT CONNECTED!!  The way the author wrote James' vulnerability, troubled past, insecurities and persistence was wonderful!  I got drawn into loving him deeply!! His alpha dominant sexiness was to much for me to resist!  I would have loved to see his 4th floor!   The BDSM aspects in this book were were not over the top.   Those scenes were hot!  I loved how James never pushed Bianca any further that he knew she could be pushed.  That consideration made him A++++++ in my book! 
 
               "You must know by now that I've never done any of this for anyone else.  I was a slut    once with my body, but I've never been with my heart."  -James
 
I sooo loved Bianca's strong willed nature in In Flight and how she wouldn't change no matter what.  In Mile High, we get to see James slowly, o'boy do I mean slowly, chip away as Bianca's ice.  There were several points in where I wanted to slap her and yell open your freaking eyes!!  You cannot be that naive!!  She frustrated me beyond belief.  I had to keep going back and reminding myself of her torrid past and why she is the way she is.  I loved seeing her vulnerability and insecurities underneath that hard shell. 
 
I wanted to read more about Stephan!  I missed him in this book.  I understand this one was more of a discovery between James and Bianca, but I needed some more Stephan!  R.k could write an entire trilogy on Stephan!  PLEASE!
 
Overall, loved this book.  This is a series that I can't wait to continue.  The third book comes out February 23, 2013!  DAMN!! I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!! This series is highly recommended.  If your looking for R.k., you can find her at R.k. Lilley's Goodreads or R.k. Lilley's Facebook Page

 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment